Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Activism

Okay, in my English class we have be active in the community for FOUR STRAIGHT WEEKS.
As you may notice, I am not too pleased with this.
I may sound like an awful, terrible person when I say this, but I simply am NOT THAT PASSIONATE about anything to want to do it every day for twenty-one days.
Activism is something you should do, but what if you don't want to? What if you're as passionate about not doing it as someone else is about actually doing it? Doesn't feeling like you're solely providing forced labor for a grade defeat the spirit of activism? Am I making any sense at all?
Since I am forced be active in the community, I guess I could do something in the Autism community...
Dangit, I just don't CARE enough!
Activism, the way I see it, is something you should feel really passionate about doing. If you do a halfhearted job of it, you're not really feeling like you are doing something, therefore it is nearly useless to do it in the first place.
Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment